Fixed Income Advantage
All financial plans are not created equal. Working with your Raymond James financial advisor, you have a Fixed Income Advantage, as your advisor has a unique freedom to offer objective, unbiased advice with access to client-focused resources. Once your advisor fully understands your personal circumstances, a custom tailored long-term plan will be created to meet your specific goals, providing for your financial well-being.
Over time, bonds can provide excellent risk-adjusted returns. Fixed income investments serve to diversify your portfolio, helping to potentially stabilize your over-all return, offset future liabilities, and create a predictable income stream to support your desired lifestyle, all the while helping to safeguard your net worth. Your advisor will create a portfolio with a potential to preserve capital and minimize risk while maximizing returns, and also perform well in unpredictable market environments. And as your needs evolve, your advisor will integrate Raymond James Fixed Income resources to monitor, manage and adapt your portfolio as required.
Understanding that one solution does not fit all, your advisor will strive to earn and maintain your trust by delivering five important elements: personalized service, reliable performance, valuable experience, customized solutions and industry leadership. Market information and evaluation, strategy development, and competitive prudent and cost-effective order execution enable your advisor to build a strong foundation upon which this service to you is based. The Raymond James fixed income department offers resources that your advisor can use to help determine the suitability of each investment. Education efforts and market perspective are complemented by independent third party research, supported by Moody's Investors Service Credit research, available to you from your Raymond James Financial Advisor.
In addition to being familiar with your specific situations and financial goals, your advisor has direct access to fixed income professionals, if needed, who can suggest appropriate actions and develop customized solutions. This gives you an opportunity to follow a long-term approach which uses passive investing overlaid with active monitoring, and make adjustments as warranted to realign the financial plan with your specific investment objectives.
Fixed Income Tools available to you through your Raymond James Financial Advisor:
- Timely market information and commentary
- Direct access for your financial advisor to trading desk professionals for guidance
- Evaluation and advice on specific transactions,
- Investment education,
- Assistance in bond portfolio creation
- Investment evaluation and portfolio analysis tools, and
- Home Office visits to meet fixed income professionals
Review and Analysis
Your financial advisor will access the appropriate investment tools as part of a proactive and professional approach to fixed income investing, including comprehensive portfolio analysis to assist you in the decision making process.
Critical components of fixed income investing include price transparency, liquidity and execution. Through your Raymond James financial advisor, you'll have access to both primary and secondary markets through the TradeWeb trading platform, one of the largest fixed income retail liquidity pools in the United States. This means that you are not limited to bonds owned by Raymond James, since we co-mingle our offerings with those offered by many other dealers. The result is that your financial advisor can choose the offerings best suited for your individual needs.
Expect to receive superior service through a wide array of tools and offerings available to your Raymond James Financial advisor:
- Fixed income offerings including U.S. Treasuries, agency and government-sponsored enterprise bonds, brokered CDs, corporate bonds, mortgage-back securities, municipal bonds, and preferred securities.
- Suite of market transparency tools, including price improvement logic, and MarketView, giving your advisor the ability to select the 'best bonds at the best prices.'
- Bond inventories from more than 100 broker/dealers, showing the lowest priced offerings. Today, this platform displays in excess of 12,000 different taxable fixed income offerings and more than 7,000 municipal bond offerings.
- Access to alternative trading platforms such as Bloomberg, TradeWeb, MuniCenter, Knight Bondpoint and Bondtrac.
- Bid wanted requests are routed to more than 100 dealers with which the Raymond James fixed income traders compete, helping to ensure that you receive competitive price executions if you sell bonds from your portfolio.
- Integrated real-time data feeds that assist your advisor in evaluation and comparison.
- New Issue Offerings
- Taxable – Raymond James participates in the selling group and/or underwriting of agency offerings, FDIC-insured, brokered CDs, corporate notes and preferred securities.
- Municipal – Raymond James Public Finance professionals actively participate in underwriting a variety of public debt offerings. You will have access to the resulting new issues, which typically account for tens of billions of dollars in debt offering annually.
- Special Situation Inquiries – Your Raymond James Financial Advisor has direct access to professionals in the Fixed Income Department to pursue special situations on your behalf.
Income and Diversification
Developing personalized financial plans and managing evolving financial needs demands regular and comprehensive portfolio review. When it comes to fixed income investments, your Raymond James financial advisor will continuously analyze and update strategies to meet your individual objectives for income and to help grow and protect your assets.
Read about Raymond James’ recognition for our commitment to the success of our advisors and their clients.